This privacy notice, together with our cookies policy, explains what personal data we collect about you and what we do with it. It also explains your rights in respect of your personal data and it informs you what to do if you have any questions or complaints about our use of your personal data.
We take your privacy seriously and are committed to abiding by the relevant data protection laws which protect your privacy.
This privacy notice may change from time to time and the most up-to-date version will always be available on our website. It is your responsibility to read this privacy notice and check our website for the current version.
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Your name and title;
- Your home address including postcode and country of residence;
- Our Web server automatically recognizes only the consumer’s domain name, but not the e-mail address (where possible).
- Your image and voice, where it is captured by CCTV or other visual recording equipment on our vehicles and at our premises.
- Any other personal data that you provide to us when you communicate with us
We collect this personal data about you in a variety of ways, including:
- By you submitting information via our website, for example via the ‘Contact Us’ page;
- By you providing information to us when communicating with us in any manner, for example when you speak to our representatives in person or on-board our passenger carrying vehicles, and when you contact us by letter, email, text message, telephone call or on social media
- By you consenting to receive certain information from us, such as marketing emails and other promotional material about seat sales, offers, exclusive deals and travel ideas;
- By us making visual and/or audio recordings by CCTV or other visual recording equipment on our vehicles and at our premises Please see our cookies policy which is available on our website for more information in this regard, or click here
We use your personal data for the following purposes and, where those reasons are our legitimate interest, the legitimate interest is:
- To manage our relationship with you, including to respond to any questions you ask and deal with any complaints you make
- To develop our business and develop new and/or better ways of meeting our customers’ needs, including by carrying out market research and consulting with you
- To comply with the laws and regulations that apply to us
- To seek to enforce and defend our legal rights
- To seek to detect, investigate, prevent and report crime and anti-social behaviour
- To seek to protect and promote your health & safety and that of our other customers, staff and third parties
- Fulfilling our legal duty
- Fulfilling our contracts with you
- Our legitimate interest
Our Legitimate Interest
- Being efficient about how we fulfil our legal and contractual duties and manage our relationship with you
- Keeping our business records up to date
- Preserving our legal position, seeking to detect and prevent crime and anti-social behaviour and seeking to promote health & safety
Where we have obtained your consent to use your personal data
- If we process any of your personal data on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- If you have consented to us sending you marketing communications, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
legal obligation to collect personal data about you but we need to collect some personal data about you in order to provide our products and services to you and to collect payment for these and to deal with any questions or complaints you have about them.
You have no legal obligation to provide your personal data to us, but we may not be able to provide our products and services to you or deal with your questions or complaints if you do not provide us with the information needed for this.
We may share your personal data with:
- We will not give your data to any other organisation other than below
- Our legal and professional advisors including our and other insurance company’s
- Government bodies and regulatory authorities, the Police and other crime prevention and detection agencies.
- The courts and other dispute resolution arbitrators and mediators, other parties to legal proceedings.
How long will we process your personal data?
Where we process your personal data to fulfil a legal obligation, we will process such personal data for so long as necessary to fulfil that obligation.
Where we process your personal data to fulfil a contract with you, we will process such personal data until we fulfil that contract and for so long thereafter as may be necessary to keep a record of that contract, which will typically be for six (6) years, and to deal with any complaints or claims relating to that contract, which will be until the final resolution of such complaints or claims (having regard to the nature of any potential claims and the limitation of liability periods that apply to them).
Where we process your personal data based on our legitimate interest, we will process such personal data for so long as necessary to achieve that legitimate interest, which will typically be for six (6) years after we collect your personal data or the last time we use your personal data (or longer in relation to any legal claims that might arise having regard to the nature of any potential claims and the limitation of liability periods that apply to them).
Where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, for example to send you marketing information, we will process such personal data until you withdraw that consent. Please bear in mind that it may take a short time to process any withdrawal of your consent. We aim to do this within 48 hours of receipt of your request, although you may still receive emails that are already in process around the time of your withdrawal.
We may also retain your personal data for longer if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
With respect to security: We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right, subject to exceptions, to:
- Access your personal data;
- Request the rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- Request restrictions on the processing of your personal data; and
- Object to our processing of your personal data.
Please contact the Coach Services Ltd Data Protection Officer if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
You also have the right in some circumstances to receive a copy of your personal data in a portable format. This right is limited to personal data that you have provided to us and is processed on the basis of your contract with us or your consent. It does not cover personal data that we process on other grounds.
Please contact the Coach Services Ltd Data Protection Officer to request a portable copy of the data that you have provided and is processed on these bases.
What should you do if you have any questions or complaints?
If you have any questions or complaints about how we process your personal data or otherwise about the matters set out in this privacy notice, you should contact the Coach Services Ltd Data Protection Officer at:
Address: 1A Howlett Way Thetford Norfolk IP24 1HZ
Email address: email@example.com
You also have the right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office about how we use your personal data. You can do this by contacting them on their helpline: 0303 123 1113.